Wednesday, August 17, 2011

IF ONLY....

A chilly, drunken night
a glowing half smile of the moonlight
cars zooming from left to right
mosquitoes humming for a bite
a wave of the hand & they buzzed off in fright
they’ll be back, they never give up without a fight
got the runway I needed and my thoughts took flight
I let it soar, the freedom of a new kite
who knows?, it might attain a new height
instead it flew head on into the storm of my relations
well, blame it on a lonely soul’s condition
just enjoy an idle mind’s confession
my route took me to an old attraction
one that ended before it started
something good could have come outta it, but we parted
before we could play, we got red-carded
had a lot in common, we are both right-handed
reached my destination and my plane landed
time heals wounds, but leave scars
felt she’ll fade in black when we’re far apart
still vivid like boobies without bra
or getting a lap dance at a topless bar
her face stuck on my brain like a tattoo
fantasy of her in my arms sweeps me off in a typhoon
now I feel like an April baby, a fool
a big one like I sat in my messy stool
lying around uselessly like a blunt rusty tool
should’ve said something when I had the chance
smart move, an opportunity for true romance
that she had to go shook me outta my trance
too late, fate took her to faraway France
wish I could go back in time
wish I had maximized what we had to its prime
the world is outta Genies, now I’m paying the fine
one a lot greater than the crime
she’s gone, she would never be mine
came outta my reverie wearing a sad smile
a sneeze made me realize I’ve been here for a while
eyes pooled up, a tear rolled down the mile
my shoulders are heavy, I feel old
maybe not, might be the cold
right now I should be under the folds
time to enter, I need not be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment